Thursday, August 5, 2010

FOR OPENERS!



  For openers; I have been seriously afflicted with this writing affliction for a number of years and appear to have a severe addiction.
  It all started when my wife Jane and I spent four months in Europe a number of years ago.
  Norway was my inspiration and six intense weeks there opened my eyes to an intriguing family link reflecting Viking origins.
  My first attempts to chronicle my family history were painfully pathetic…but I was determined and persistent.
  I finally turned out a winner entitled; In Search of the Old Country.  This short story was ultimately published in Norway in that language.
  Over the years I did a number of short stories and with practice I began posting some of them on the website that my wife Jane and I created.
  With prompting from family and friends I was persuaded to write the adventure travel story about the dreamboat that Jane and I designed, built and sailed away to live aboard for fifteen years.
  This story became four volumes, and a few months ago the first three of the four volumes of Travels of Dursmirg became reality and were published.  They have all received five star reviews and are available through Amazon books accessed from our web site; www.bicycleyucatan.com
  That website was like a pyramid built one stone at a time. The website has now mushroomed into dozens of topics with hundreds of links pertaining, in the most part, to our adventures of bicycling and living in Yucatán.
  I have more topics to cover and things to say.
  The “Bing”, my nick-name, buzz blogspot has been hatched and will build like another pyramid, one stone at a time.   


© 2010 John M. Grimsrud

No comments: