Monday, November 26, 2018

Eat and Run: My Unlikely Journey to Ultramarathon Greatness

BOOK REVIEW - FIVE STARS FOR SCOTT JUREK
Eat and Run: My Unlikely Journey to Ultramarathon Greatness by Scott Jurek, Steven Friedman

Focused determination and applied resoluteness with an open mind made Scott a self made champion.
I loved this young man’s autobiographical story. Focusing his mental and physical attributes to the fullest, he excelled exceptionally.

Excerpts from Eat and Run:
On the extremely rare occasions I’ve diverged from plant-based foods, it’s always been a matter of survival, never because I craved animal products or felt incomplete without them.



Winning felt great. Kicking ass, especially the asses of so many who had said I was doomed, was a sensation that all but the most spiritually evolved or brain-fried would enjoy. I had set a goal and achieved it. I had pushed myself to what I thought were the outer limits of my capabilities and then pushed farther on a vegan diet. Being crowned a champion was good for both my mind and my soul. But it wasn’t enough.

No comments: